Friday 6 December 2013

BUSINESS, EMAIL MARKETING AND THE EBG

I want to talk to you a little about email marketing and to kick that off, I really have to
Theresa Demario
introduce my personal hero in business, the EBG (Evil Bald Genius) Jon McCulloch.

Jon McCulloch
Jon Just published a book  "Grow Your Business Fast: The Quick, Dirty, and Uncensored Secrets to Extraordinary Small Business Success Despite Recession, Crap Governments and Tight-Arsed Banks" and doll baby that he is, he sent me a copy.  I have been happily pouring over it for days now but I won't give any spoilers.  Go buy your own copy! 

I have heard professionals speculate that the thing about Jon that has makes him so wildly successful are his "In your face" marketing techniques. Although those are an important part of what Jon does,  I am not so sure all of his success can be attributed to that. 

You see,

Jon is one of the cool kids.  He eats at the cool kids table and he makes you WANT to click his links and buy his products by making sure you know he only wants you to if you are a cool kid too and EVERYONE wants to eat at the cool kid table with Jon.

It always amazes me when reading his daily emails, how effective they are. I can't get enough. I WANT to join the inner-circle and read all of his books.

He doesn't use fancy graphics or high end templates. his emails are simple and that is part of their power.

What he does do that is so impressive, is he tells a story-  always funny and often decidedly non PC. Then he connects his story with his business and kind of offhandedly invites you to find out more.  It feels personal and privileged. 

It is so subtle and so brilliant, I totally get why he is called the EBG!

No comments:

Post a Comment